Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Why I Miss Lee

Today is the day of Syllabus Writing for Lee and me**, which has so far involved list-making and beer consumption. Somewhere in the lists are the backbone of this syllabus (somewhere), and it makes us feel very organized and accomplished to have lists.

Here is why Lee and I need to spend more time together:

ME: I'm at a phase in my life where I simply can't stare at Times New Roman anymore. I have to change everything to Arial. That's where I am in life right now.

LEE: I miss hanging out with artists. I totally understand that. If you said that to a mathematician, they would think you clinically insane.

Our conversations are pretty much all like that.

**I received an email with a lot of exclamation points from my mother about the usage of "I" and "me" in this sentence. I fully admit that, as a writer, this is my worst habit. I frequently misuse them. I should consider myself lucky that I have doting parents who read and proof my blog, but I also kind of want to stomp up the stairs and slam the door and yell down something like "THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT FAIR."**

No comments: