Sunday, May 2, 2010

This Is Good

LINDSAY'S LAST-MINUTE SIDE DISH
(All measurements approximate. Very approximate. In fact, mostly made up. I just threw crap in Whack's Magic Bullet thingy and pureed the hell out of it. Delicious.)

2 TBS olive oil
handful fresh cilantro
2 TBS pine nuts
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 lime
1/2 lemon
pinch kosher salt
couple'a shakes a' black pepper
lots and lots of garlic, finely diced
tiny dash basil-oregano vinegar

Throw all into some sort of food processor thing, blend, taste, add more of whatever is lacking.

Add:
whole wheat pasta (I like the thin spaghetti) cooked, let sit to room temp so it won't cook the tomatoes
bunch of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half

Scrape sauce out of food processor thing, mix with whole wheat pasta and tomatoes. Chill. Serve.

Call me a Philistine, but tastes pretty damn good with some Bud Lite Lime. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

The Baltimore Chop said...

Bud Light Lime? I was gonna buy you that little horse, but now I'll just buy you Bud Light Lime instead. Happy Birthday.

The New Glitterati said...

Thanks!

You've got some time though. Not until the 31st. I like to celebrate all month long, however.