Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moving

Moving again, and psyched for my new place (hello, full bathroom all to myself, giant kitchen, and luxurious rooftop deck!) but dealing with the overwhelming anxiety of actually MOVING is not enjoyable.

My proclivity towards pack-ratting must be curbed. I have committed myself- again- to the process of throwing out something that, if I hold it for10 seconds and can't logically explain its existence in my life, needs to go. In two hours yesterday, I filled up 4 trash bags. The "green" sensitivity I have is equally offended by this gross waste, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and spring clean your life.

Upheaval is necessary sometimes- shake everything up, throw things away, re-organize, resettle. In the last ten years, I have moved 12 times. You'd think I'd have it down to a science at this point. You'd also think I would hesitate before accumulating again but....no. I have accepted this part of myself. I do worry that I will have to move every couple of years throughout my life to prevent myself from becoming one of those hoarders on television, drowning in piles of crap.

Life in boxes for the next couple of weeks. Moving on, moving up. Exciting, stressful, overwhelming, but overall necessary and good.

No comments: