Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Self-Aware Teenagers

So, Snap and I have been obsessing over My So-Called Life recently. She was laid up for awhile after a surgery and took it upon herself to begin re-watching the series, which came out during a pretty influential time in both our lives. I need only revisit our high school journals to see how crushingly important certain issues - primarily involving boys, popularity, and all the ways our parents were ruining our lives - were. But there were other, darker, issues as well. Drinking, drugs; even if we weren't doing them, their presence was everywhere and everyone was talking about it.

I just discovered that I can stream them on Netflix. Since I was a good girl and got my run in this morning before work, I believe I know my plans for the evening...

No comments: