Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK, jr.

I know I should dip into my current passion for peace and social justice and write some pithy observation of today's holiday.

But, to be honest, like so many other Americans I am appalled and frustrated with the state of things today; both in the US and the world at large.

I wish I could say that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would look upon our society today and see the advances we have made against outright and blatant hate in any form.

I suppose all we can do is have a little optimism and a little faith that perhaps although progress is slow, it is happening somewhere, in some form, and that maybe it will grow.

In observation, I simply plead the case for a little bit of peace and understanding in everyday interactions. Start small, I suppose, because that's about all we can control on some level.

Peace.

No comments: